- Charges laid after drug raid
- Massive Drug Smuggling in Thailand
- Jakarta Police Confiscate 382,000 Ecstasy Pills and 30.5 Kg of Crystal Meth
- Police seize 1 million speed pills
- Police nab 10 drug smugglers in SW China
- Authorities seize Ecstasy pills worth rm8.4 million Penang
- Singapore is at crossroads of Ice trade
- Party pills that are legal?
Methamphetamine use – All countries in the region report the use of methamphetamine, with nine countries reporting it is the primary or secondary drug of concern depending on its form. Although six countries report the use of the drug in pill form, all but one country reported the use of high potency crystalline methamphetamine. Increasing use of crystalline methamphetamine was reported by experts in Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Viet Nam. The crystalline form has rapidly become more prominent across the region expanding into countries which previously were not reporting its use, such as in Viet Nam.
The economically developed countries have reported stabilized or decreased use of crystalline methamphetamine. For example, in Australia, the use of methamphetamine in crystalline and powder form has shown a steady downward trend in recent years, and use in New Zealand has remained generally stable over the past three years. Even so, the use of the substance remains a primary or secondary concern, with several governments reporting some of the highest annual prevalence rates globally. Neither of these two countries reports concern over the use of meth- amphetamine in pill form.